Liz Douglas (email@example.com) (KY, PA, FL)
I started as a child apprentice under Virginia Orr, a TB exercise rider and show jumper from South Africa. Ginny taught me everything from the ground up at a small farm in Chester Springs, Pennsylvania. I showed a bit (h/j) but preferred hacking about the countryside on my Chestnut TB, Roger.
I began practicing bodywork techniques as the Equine Care Specialist for a nonprofit in New York. After witnessing the profound effects of therapy on horses in transition I acquired extensive education, certifications, and a formal degree in Equine Rehabilitation.
I have since worked with teams in Florida, Kentucky, and Pennsylvania, including: FEI; USDF; USHJA; Graded Stakes; Breeders Cup; Derby/Oaks runners; & multiple USEF Pony Final Champions.
I am currently rehabbing my own OTTB who came to me with a condylar fracture. She is teaching me even more than I care to learn ;) That's her, in the picture above.
Experience & Training:
- Licensed Equine Therapist (KY, FL)
- Certified Equine Sports Massage Therapist*
- BSc. Equine Rehab: Midway University (Summa Cum Laude)
- BSc. Performance Studies: Northwestern University (Honors)
- TCM & Equine Acupressure: Tallgrass Animal Acupressure
- Equine Sports Massage: Jo-Ann Wilson
- Orthobionomy: Julie O'Neil
- Craniosacral Therapy: Upledger
- Myofascial Release: Rolley
- Symposium on Therapeutic Advances in Animal Rehabilitation: Equine Core Stability and Stifle Dysfunction
- Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Therapy: Trained at Spy Coast
- Equine Sports Therapist -Equine Therapy, 502, Inc.
- Equine Therapy & Rehab Aide- Spy Coast Farm
Vanessa Hudson (Long Island, Hamptons)
Since I was younger, my biggest passion has been being around horses. These animals have taught me so much about empathy, about showing up and about being real. On the weekends, I teach therapeutic horseback riding for a non profit based in Long Island.
Experience & Training:
- BA., Towson University
- CESMT, Equissage New England
- Tallgrass Animal Acupressure: Equine Acupressure
- TCM, Equine Nutrition: Regan Golob
- Pal-O-Mine instructor & equine bodyworker
*Equissage is approved by the National Certification Board of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB)
Member of Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals.
MEND.HORSE LLC operates in accordance with state and federal laws.
We do not practice veterinary medicine.
MEND: align, balance, calibrate, fine-tune, focus, improve, readjust, rehab, sharpen, square, troubleshoot, tune up